Friday, January 18, 2013

I woke up this morning with this thought: if God is my heavenly father, I feel like I'm grounded!  I don't mean rooted and established in His Love kind or grounded, nor do I mean secure as a tree planted by streams of living water grounded, no.  I mean, "Go to your room young lady, and do not pass GO; do not collect 200$," kind of grounded.  Which is weird!  I'm a mom to 3 young children... I thought it was funny.  I'll put it in my pretend folder marked, "When I do a comedy routine."  But why was I thinking this?  Did I grieve the Holy Spirit?  Did I have a weird dream?  Because I don't mean rooted and established in His Love kind or grounded, nor do I mean secure as a tree planted by streams of living water grounded, no.  I mean, "Go to your room young lady, and do not pass GO; do not collect 200$," kind of grounded.  Which is weird!  I'm a mom to 3 young children... 

I know there are many verses about discipline, and a few about discipline in relation to my Heavenly Father, so I looked them up...

Proverbs 3:11-12 is a jem!

My son do not despise the LORD's discipline,
 and do not resent his rebuke,
because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
 as a father disciplines a son he delights in. 

And this one from Hebrews 12:11,

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

"...as a father disciplines a son he delights in." While it is hard to accept discipline, it is a joy to hear words of life this day: God delights in me!  He does not delight in my discomfort, or in my frustration or my inability to know the future, no!  His delight is that my "whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5:23. And my delight is to  "Love the Lord [my] God with all [my] heart and with all [my] soul and with all [my] mind." (Matthew 22:37.)  Not that I get this commandment perfect or even near the mark, but I'm working on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment